Jan 28, 2021
Episode 630 | Adriel Sanchez and Bill Maier answer caller questions.
1. What book or character in the bible is most underrated or glossed over in our churches?
2. In Luke 9, Jesus sends out His apostles to proclaim the Kingdom of God, yet a few verses later after Peter confesses Jesus as the Christ, Jesus commands them not to tell this to anyone. What were the apostles tasked to speak then if they were told not to say anything concerning Jesus’ identity and mission?
3. Can angels marry?
4. Can a Christian lose their salvation?
5. The scripture is clear about taking the Lord’s name in vain. But what about swear words? As a person in the military I’m around swearing a lot, and it struck me that what we consider bad words often have synonyms that aren’t considered bad at all. In the end swear words seem an arbitrary construct of man.
6. I have struggled greatly with the temptation of lust. I have a Bible study group with close guys that I share my struggle with and I also have an accountability partner within that group yet it is still a daily struggle for me. I know that this sin is deeper than bad behavior and it’s a matter of the heart. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on how to fight this temptation and pursue holiness and godliness?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.
Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate by Jerry Bridges