Jan 30, 2020
Episode 369 | Dr. Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez answer caller questions.
Key questions answered in today's show:
1. I’m really struggling to make sense of Romans 11, the part about the branches being cut off. How do you interpret this? Is Paul teaching that Christians can lose their salvation? How does this fit with Romans 9?
2. We know that God doesn't hold the sins of the Father against his sons and the sins of the sons against the Father. And that being true why is it that we think that God would answers Noah’s curse on Canaan on Canaan who didn’t do anything based on what his Father did? I think that it’s not a curse. I think that Noah either announced judgment or he just prophesied. But we have accepted the fact that it’s a curse. Now we know that most of the Canaanites descendants are the Egyptians, Libyans, the list goes on, and they were prosperous nations. And the Ethiopians were a great people. So, I don’t think it was a curse.
3. Is it ok to work on the sabbath if my job requires me to?
4. How should Christians pray for people who wander away to return to the Lord?
5. How do we know which Old Testament laws still apply today?
6. How is the New Covenant similar or different from the Old Covenant with Abraham?