Oct 26, 2020
Episode 561 | Adriel Sanchez and Bill Maier answer caller questions.
1. I’m relatively new in my serious walk with Christ and I’m working on figuring out this new belief system. With that said, I’m not too sure what the scriptures say about man-run politics, how do Christians navigate engaging with those aspects of life, or is the area of church and state only a gray area?
2. A few questions about Luke 6:6-12. This was another “set-up” by the Pharisees about working on the Sabbath who were trying to catch Jesus working. Why did the Pharisees consider healing as a “work” of Jesus? Was this an occupation that had to be refrained from?
3. How do we get our names written in the Lamb’s book of life?
4. With Halloween and other autumnal festivities approaching, I am specifically wondering about the celebration of “The Day of the Dead,” or “Día de Muertos.” I can see why some Christians would be upset by some of the rituals associated with the celebration, but on the other hand it doesn’t seem like special remembrance of family members who have died is such a bad practice. I am curious what you all think about the celebration, and what your advice to Christians is as we encounter Día de Muertos decorations.
5. Does Hebrews 6:4-6 teach that someone who has apostatized cannot come back to the faith?
Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God’s Work by Timothy Keller
The Gospel-Driven Life: Being Good News People in a Bad News World by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.