Jul 25, 2019
Episode 234 | Dr. Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez answer caller questions.
Key questions answered in today's show:
1. What does first John 2 mean when it says not to be attached by the things of this world? How does this fit with being appreciative and thankful for God’s creation?
2. I believe churches should format their liturgies to a regulative form and scripture-based worship. For this is Gods prerogative on how to approach him. Now, my question is, how can we reconcile this to the dancing of David? Others justify this saying that church worship must be like David’s, without limits.
3. When the creeds talk about Jesus descending into hell, what exactly does that mean? How should we understand this?
4. Isaiah 6:9 cannot be referring to Jesus when it says, ‘Everlasting Father.’ I’m confused why Isaiah is applying being the Father to Jesus? If Jesus and the Father are distinct persons how does this fit?
5. Is it fair to say that Israel was the Old Testament church? I have heard you say something like this before, but shouldn’t we keep Judaism and Christianity separate?