Jun 26, 2019
Episode 213 | Dr. Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez answer caller questions.
Key questions answered in today's show:
1. I’m a single mom and most of the families at my church either home school or send their kids to private school. I can’t afford to do either so I have my kids in a local public school but lately I have been pressured by people in my church to seek a different option. What are your thoughts about this? Do you think I should just be trusting in God’s provision and try to find a way to get my kids out of public school?
2. Jude quotes the book of Enoch as authoritative, so why is the book of Enoch not in the Bible?
3. I feel like Paul in Romans 7, where he says, “I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.” These last few years have felt very spiritually dry. I don’t worship with the same passion, study the Bible with the same joy, or feel God’s presence working in my life. Is there any way to get beyond this situation?
4. Did God invent the principle of sacrifice, or has God chosen to accept this practice invented by man? Did Christ have to die because of God’s law or because of man’s law?
5. If the book of Romans was written to believers, why does it say in 2:5 that “because of your stubbornness and unrepentant hearts you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath”? If the audience consists of believers, they wouldn’t be storing up wrath for themselves, would they?